Monday, March 26, 2007

Roommate Musings


My mess, your mess: You develop this almost supernatural ability to distinguish between the messes that you created and those created by the roommate.

Food: You learn to serve ½ of the food available in your plate. The quantity of food is not an issue here. You may finish it in ten days; serve it in one go or it may be lost forever.

Not coming home to an empty house is a great. Coming home to a hot cup of tea and a good listener is a blessing. Not being in a relationship with that person is a miracle.

Shopping buddy: Shopping buddy who reminds you that rent has not been paid while you both cry outside Ann Taylor.

Language development: Improving Hindi skills, all comments about people are strictly in Hindi. “Vo Lal Kapde pehnee admee ko dekho”

Sharing Rent and bills: Yeah baby!


4 comments:

Mr. J said...

Welcome to Blogspot.. :P

This reminds me of the good ol days of sharing the apartment. Hmm, I don't quite miss it much now though!!

Oh and good to see a pic to the name.. after a really long time.

Cheers.

Iris said...

:-)

Glad you drpped by!

Unknown said...

Room mates can be a blessing or a curse. In my second year at PG hostel, I terrorised my room mate cause she tried to act smart. After that she kept a respectful distance. My best friend was in a different room - but that didn't matter as I was in her room way past the time allowed for wandering around.

After I started working, I preferred not to share my space. At the end of a long day, I would rather be by myself.

Iris said...

me and my roommate surprisingly became good friends, without pushing or expecting it. :-)