Sunday, June 27, 2004

Wish you were here

posted 27-Jun-2004, Sunday
“Why does God make nani cry?” my 4-year-old cousin asked me. My grand mom was praying and crying at the same time.9th July is the first death anniversary of my cousin sister Saumya. She was 10. For the past week the whole family has been recalling what happened this time last year. It took me a long time to realize that my cousin sister was really gone. Sure ,I cried for days when it happened. But it was surreal. This can’t really be happening, she can’t really be gone? One night I was just thinking about the last time I met her, about how her small hand had fit perfectly into mine and of how we were walking down the road in front of her house and talking about how our brothers were really all goofy. I was reliving the whole scene in my head and I couldn’t remember which hand it was that she was holding or how it felt to hold her. I broke then. I thought about how selfish I was and how I had forgotten this detail about my little sister. I thought I would go on forgetting some little detail about her. I was wrong. I will cherish those precious moments I spend with that angel and my kids will know what a totally amazing mausi they had.

Song: Tears in heaven

No comments: