Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Time travel.


So I love purses. All kinds, big/small, black/ yellow. I was recently in France where I indulged my love for purses like nobody's business, but this is not a story about my purses, it is a story about my life. I have so many purses that I rotate them – according to weather, occasion and so on. As I clean the purse that I had used a year ago here is what I find- shopping receipts, old gum, lipstick, notes that I made while riding the bus, grocery bills and to do lists, pictures, stamps, jewelry, gloves, cards that I bought but never send, stamps, airline tickets, lists of books to read, post it notes with directions. It is like being back in time, only this time I don’t feel the stress. I see myself struggling with the everyday, trying to get everything done, trying to be organized and succeeding some and failing some. It is almost like those out of body experiences where I want to go tell my past self that it is going to be ok. As I start another phase of my life and feel the stress and pressure building up I look forward to the day when this too will be just another phase of my life which I will look back upon and applaud the courage it took to step into the unknown. Right now, I just feel scared and frantic.

1 comment:

adichhikara said...

It's going to be okay. :)
Correction: It's going to be awesome.